Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweet Time with the Sun

After a beautiful hour and a half Vinyasa Flow with one of my favorite teachers/mentors this morning, I took a shower and decided to lay out in the sun. Living in Southern California definitely has it's benefits- one of them being experiencing temperatures in the mid 70's in January. I normally stay out of the sun due to it's potentially damaging properties and the sensitivity of my skin, but today I treated myself to about 20 minutes of uninterrupted alone time with the sun. No reading, no music, no desire to "tan" even, or to get something out of the sun for my own benefit. Just lying beneath it, appreciating it's warmth, it's vitamins, and it's constant and unwavering presence in my life. 





Thank you Sun for the wonderful time together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment